Archive for November, 2008
Antarctica is on average the coldest, driest and windiest place on Earth. 98% of Antarctica is covered by ice, which is on average 1,6 kilometers (1 mi) in thickness. As there is little precipitation, the interior of the continent is technically the largest desert in the world, but a frozen desert.
Enjoy beautiful pictures of the coldest place on Earth.
A dead monkey
A nice dragon
Fishes sand sculptures
This is a funny sand sculpture
This is a ghost
We have also a good sand sculpture with Jesus
This is a Lion King sand sculpture
This lion it is very well done
We have the Little Mermaid sand sculptures
Mickey Mouse is always funny
Nemo is looking good
Cool “Pirates of Caribbean” sand sculpture
The next one it is scary
This is a skeleton sand sculpture
Funny turtle sand sculpture image
Another nice sand sculture image One of my favorites
The last sand sculpture photo it is amazing
A common mistake when searching for alien life forms is to look up into the sky for something big. But alien life is right here, at our feet, in our backyards. Millions of tiny but frightening aliens, many just a few millimetres long. We’ve convinced the most cheerful of the lot to give us a tour
1. “Hi, I’m Danny and I’ll be your host. Buzz along ”
This alien poses as a damselfly of the Zygoptera suborder. People often fail to notice that they hold their wings differently when at rest and are also smaller than dragonflies. Oh, and did you notice, their eyes are separated. Though running might be better than waiting to see the blue in their eyes
2. “Give me FOOD!” This fuzzy yellow alien with black spots is called Dasychira Pudibunda and is the larval form, or caterpillar, of the red-tailed moth.
3. This species of aliens has fooled humans for many years. Popularly known as a bumblebee of the Apidae family, they have donned a fuzzy yellow-and-black fur and spread rumours that some of them are stingless. Right, whatever, just careful with that thingy, dude!
4. “Listen to me, Earthling, feel the mighty wrath of Gandalf the Green!” This green bush cricket of the TettigoniidaeLord of the Rings.
5. “Hullo there, did I startle you? If I did pretty please, will you be my ahem buy my dinner?” This praying mantis is one of 2,000 species in the mantis order of insects. As predatory aliens, er, insects, they might better be called preying mantis.
6. “I might look cute but I can sap you out!” Treehoppers have long fascinated biologists because of their unusual appearance. They belong to the Membracidae family and are closely related to cicadas and leafhoppers. They feed upon the sap found in plant stems, which they prick with their beaks.
7. This praying mantis male would certainly score a role in any alien movie. His acting talent is undisputed as he’s part of the flower mantis species - they pretend to be flowers and then attack their prey. How very cunning, indeed.
8. “Who you’re calling an alien? Our ancestors have been around since 350 million BC!” Wasps are said to be terrestrial but some of them look positively extra-terrestrial. Though often called pests, they are in fact very important for ecosystems: as food for other insects and birds or as predators limiting the populations of many other species.
9. “Call me a cricket one more time!” Grasshoppers have horns or antennas that are shorter than their body, unlike their relatives’, the bush crickets. They may look well shielded but lose many a battle when they end up as a protein-rich delicacy on someone’s plate in many parts of the world.
10. This praying mantis looks straight out of Alien or Men in Black No prizes for guessing who inspired whom.
Dream……………makes all things possible
Hope……..……makes all things work
Smile………….…makes all above work possible
There’s a wonderful dream
Waiting just for you…
I know you can make it come true.
Have a Great Day Ahead!
“ Sending u 1000 smiles take 1 for now &Keep the remaining 999 under ur pillow,
Pick out 1 every morning cozI want 2 see u smiling always. “
May the blessings of God harrass u, Happiness attack u wherever u go
.May misery b hijacked frm u & may thieves pickpocket all ur worries…