Hyperacidity affects nearly 25% of people, every year. There are many symptoms that can tell us whether we are facing the problems related to hyperacidity or not. The most common symptoms may include vomiting, belly pain, flatulence. When hyperacidity persists for long time symptoms might include respiratory problems, coughing, heartburn for longer time periods, sudden pain in stomach or chest, bloating, flatulence, pain in ear or humming sound in both ears, pain in muscular contractions. Fortunately there are effective remedies which may prevent from hyperacidity.
1. This is one of the most effective remedy for heartburn and acidity. Mix half teaspoon of pepper powder with one glass of thinned butter milk. Drink this mixture whenever you feel acidity.
2. Mix ginger juice with honey. Quantity of mixture must not be more than 1 teaspoon or one and half teaspoon. Have it after having meal. When taken in right amount, this remedy is very relieving, in most of the cases of heartburn.
3. Drink fresh pineapple juice, 30 minutes after having meal. Pineapple juice neutralizes the acid.
4. Drinking juice of fresh sweet lemon, 20 minutes before meal relieves from acidity and heartburn.
5. This remedy is an effective therapeutic natural remedy. First of all, avoid drinking tea or coffee instead of this; drink herbal tea such as peppermint tea or cinnamon tea or chamomile tea. One can choose any herbal tea according to his taste. It is a very tasty and relieving remedy.
6. Chewing some basil leaves is helpful in healing heartburn. The active ingredients in basil leave increases the production of saliva. Saliva contains bicarbonates that will neutralize the acid and saliva will wash out the acid in esophagus. Basil leaves helps the digestive system to gain complete health.
It is important to restrict few habits for a complete cure. Person suffering from hyperacidity must drink regularly at least 10 glasses of water in the duration of 24 hours. Fruit juices are very beneficial; avoid having juice of citrus fruits as it will increase the production of acid. Mint juice is recommended for heartburn patients.
Always avoid alcoholic beverages. Alcohol is very problematic for the patients of hyperacidity. The active ingredient in alcohol will not only damage the liver but also it will create problems in whole digestive system, including food pipe or esophagus. Smoking cigarettes will increase the problem of heartburn. It will strain the muscular valve that keeps acid from entering into esophagus. Avoid eating large meals. It is a faulty eating habit; prefer to have small meals at regular intervals. These little changes in habits will be very helpful in living a healthy and problem free life.