Stomach ulcers are clinically recognized as peptic ulcer, and it can be treated effectively with natural remedies for stomach ulcers. Peptic ulcers can be defined as, a sore or mucosal erosion in the gastrointestinal tract which is usually acidic. Moreover, according to studies 75-90 percent ulcers are caused due to helicobacter pylori bacterium which lives in the acidic environment of the stomach. Also, the recent studies shows that 60 percent of the peptic ulcers are healed with time and only 40 percent of the ulcers require medical supervision. The natural remedies for stomach ulcers can treat most of the cases of the peptic ulcers.
Unlike general belief, most of the ulcers occur in the duodenum rather than in the stomach. There are many symptoms that may indicate the presence of the ulcers. Firstly, occurrence of severe abdominal pain in epigastria, 3 hours after having meal. Secondly, waterbrash is also a symptom which is usually associated with acid reflux. Moreover, waterbrash is a condition in which the production of saliva increases to dilute the acid in the stomach, and natural remedies for stomach ulcers can effectively dilute the excessive acid. Thirdly, hematemesis or vomiting of blood may occur due to bleeding the ulcer. Fourthly, the melena or excretion of foul-smelling feces due to oxidized iron from hemoglobin. Others include, bloating or abdominal fullness, nausea, copious vomiting, loss of appetite and weight loss; these symptoms should be consulted with the medical supervisor for confirmation of the ulcers. The natural remedies for stomach ulcers are capable in treating any of the mentioned symptoms.
The people who suffer form heartburn and acid reflux are prone to suffer from peptic ulcers also. In addition, people who use certain drugs can raise the suspicion for ulcers, for instance frequent use of NSAIDs (non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs) may lead to peptic ulcers. Also, it is recommended that people who suffer from above mentioned symptoms for more than 2 weeks should consult a general physician. There are natural remedies for stomach ulcers that may help to treat the condition very effectually. Some of the natural remedies for stomach ulcers are mentioned ahead.
1. Take 2 bananas with a glass of milk twice daily to neutralize the excess acid.
2. Soak 15 gram leaves of wood apple in a glass of water, and leave it overnight. In the morning, strain the water and drink it to relieve pain and discomfort. Use this remedy for few weeks to get satisfying results.
3. Boil 250 grams of cabbage in 500 ml of water till it is reduced to half. Later when water cools, drink it. Use this remedy twice daily.
4. Vegetable juices are also very helpful in peptic ulcers. Mix 300 ml of carrot juice with 200 ml of spinach juice, and drink twice daily. In addition, mix 300 ml of carrot juice in 100 ml of beet and 100 ml of cucumber juice, and drink it twice daily. Any of the two combinations can be used to treat the ulcers.
5. Take ten grams of drumstick leaves, and ground it to form paste. Add this paste in a bowl of fresh plain yoghurt. Have this combination daily for effective results.