The white discharge in females is a common issue and is also called vaginal discharge. It varies according to the menstrual cycle of the woman, being more before ovulation. The consistency is also elastic and watery during that phase and becomes clear and stretchy while you are ovulating. Vaginal discharge or white discharge is completely normal but if the discharge has foul odor or is accompanied by itching and pain, it may be a matter of concern.
This discharge is basically the cells and fluids which are shed through the vagina to protect and to keep the vagina clean. However if there is abnormal white vaginal discharge, it could be due to the following causes:
1. Bacterial vaginosis: In this there is inflammation of vagina and growth of bacteria which are present in the vagina. This overgrowth disturbs the natural balance leading to abnormal discharge.
2. Yeast Infection: This is another one of the white discharge causes characterized by itching, irritation and vaginal discharge. This is also known as candidiasis and is a common condition.
3. Cervicitis: Cervicitis is the condition is which the cervix gets inflamed and causes the infection.
4. Vaginitis: Inflammation of vagina is vaginitis which is due to imbalance of the vaginal bacteria present. Vaginitis could be of bacterial, yeast, atrophic or trichomoniasis type.
5. Warts: Genital warts are one of the types of sexually transmitted diseases.
6. Gonorrhea: This infection may affect the cervix in a female.
7. Sexually Transmitted diseases: STDs are acquired during sexual contact and can cause white discharge.
8. Pelvic Inflammatory Disease: This is an infection of the reproductive organs in a female.
The above are the causes of the white discharge and can show the following symptoms: abnormal white discharge, foul or strong odor from vagina, itching, redness, burning sensation of the vagina, constipation, cramps, headaches, bleeding which is not related to periods, discharge that is cheesy, greenish or yellowish in color and thick vaginal discharge. If one experiences any of these above white discharge symptoms, one should visit the doctor for a checkup and try the natural home remedies to help in this condition.
The white discharge natural home remedies will help to bring some relief and is an effective and safe way to treat this condition. Some of the natural home remedies are as follows:
1. Fenugreek Seeds: Boil the fenugreek seeds in water and simmer for a while. Strain and use to douche.
2. Rice: Keep the rice water while cooking rice and consume this water regularly.
3. Walnut leaves: Boil the walnut tree leaves in water and use for douching.
4. Coriander Seeds: This is one of the natural home remedies used for curing white discharge in females. Soak little coriander seeds in water overnight and drink this water in the morning.
5. Banana: Eating of a banana regularly is said to help in this condition.
6. Yogurt: Soak a tampon in yogurt and insert this in the vagina.
7. Mango Powder: Mango powder is effective in this condition. Make a paste with the mango powder and little water. Apply this paste to the vagina.
Try these above natural remedies for white discharge from vagina for relief. It is better to consult a doctor and g t a checkup before you try the remedies.