Moles are small pigmented tumor-like growths on skin. It is medically termed as nevi or nevus in the singular. It is a very common occurrence, and an individual may have 10-40 moles on his or her body. It is composed of clusters of nevus cells or melanocytes containing the skin pigment melanin. The bunch of melanocytes is often engulfed by tissues and together, they make a mole. It is not more than 6 millimeters in size. New moles continue to grow from time to time, and this phenomenon continues until one reaches 40 years of age. Moles range in color from pink or brown to purple or black. They may be smooth or hairy, raised or flat and oval or round in shape.
It is soft to touch and some also resemble warts in appearance. It may occur anywhere in the body. Moles growth at times may be accompanied by pain, itching, bleeding or scaling. Sometimes one or two moles may look different from the rest. They are medically termed as dyplastic nevi. They may enlarge with time and also change color. These typical moles should be taken special care of, for they may become cancerous (melanoma). Moles that get rubbed constantly against tight bands or belts may undergo malignant transformation. But in general, it is harmless. The causes may be listed as follows:
1. Congenital condition
3. Propagation of pigment cells
4. Sun exposure
5. Hormonal imbalance.
1. Mix honey with powdered flaxseed and add 2 drops of flaxseed oil to the mixture. Apply the mixture on mole to get cured.
2. Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar. Place it on mole and wrap a bandage. This allows natural mole removal.
3. Application of coriander leaf juice softens and removes them.
4. Apply iodine tincture on mole and leave overnight. This helps to remove mole.
5. Apply the juice of sour apples thrice a day. This allows moles to disappear.
6. Application of the juice of fig stems and leaves allows easy removal.
7. Application of tea tree oil on moles cures them.
8. Massage with castor oil. It heals itchy moles.
9. Apply a paste made out 1 tablespoon baking soda and 2 tablespoon castor oil on moles and leave overnight. This is a useful mole remedy.
10. Scrub skin with a thick paste made out of pineapple juice and quarter Cup sea salt. This dislodges the moles.
11. Grind drumstick pods and mix with lime juice to make a paste. Apply the paste on moles to get rid of them.
12. Crush vitamin C tablets to make powder. Coat with the powder and cover with an adhesive bandage. This gives relief from moles.
13. Apply grape fruit extracts on moles 4-5 times daily. This is a beneficial mole treatment.
14. Squeeze a garlic clove on mole and wrap it with a bandage. The mole will drop off in no time.
15. Place freshly cut pineapple slice on mole and stick an adhesive bandage to keep it in place. This is an effective home remedy for mole.
16. Mix lime juice and dried, powdered pomegranate peels to make a paste. Apply on moles to lighten them and reduce their prominence.
17. Rub the mole with white chalk to make it vanish.
18. Place a cotton swab coated with Aloe gel on the mole. Cover it with an adhesive tape. This remedy helps to deal with moles effectively.