Cracked feet condition is a nuisance to which both men and women can fall a prey. Not only do the cracks and fissures make your feet look ugly but also may complicate by getting infected. Your feet get much exposed to dirt, dust and germs and the worst part of the story is that we often tend to neglect our feet. Thus there is high risk of contamination and infection. When feet become dry and completely devoid of moisture, cracks and fissures develop. Cracked feet itch a lot. Red, flaky patches and thick, hardened patches called calluses develop.
Sometimes skin get peeled off and bleed, generating much pain. The condition worsens if we still remain careless. Bacteria and dirt may get trapped in the fissures and infect them. Pressure on walking deepens and widens cracks, making them severe. Cellulite is a condition that may develop from excessive cracking of feet. Cracked feet create much discomfort while walking. It may make the patient limp or wince. The causes of cracked feet may be listed as follows:
1. Prolonged standing on hard floor
2. Obesity and accumulation of fat on the soles
3. Wearing of shoes with open back or ill-fitting shoes
4. Skin conditions like Athlete’s foot, eczema, psoriasis etc.
5. Excessive dry skin type
7. Underlying illnesses like diabetes, thyroid disease
8. Flat feet or feet with high arches
9. Too much of sweating of feet
10. Poor alignment of metatarsal bones
11. Surgery in the lower extremities
12. Abnormalities or inconsistencies in gait
13. Soaking of feet in very hot waters
14. Deficiencies in vitamins, minerals and zinc
15. Dry and humid climate.
1. After washing feet thoroughly, coat the cracks with hydrogenated vegetable oil. Wear thick socks and keep overnight. Repeat the treatment for few days. It fetches rewarding results.
2. Apply the pulp of ripe banana on the cracks. Rinse after 10 minutes. This is a useful cracked feet remedy.
3. Blend glycerin and rose water and apply on cracked feet to soothe and heal the fissures.
4. Mix one-fourth lime juices, one-fourth cup milk, one-fourth cup water, 2 tablespoons olive oil and a pinch of cinnamon. Pour the mixture in to a basin and soak feet in it. This alleviates dryness, softens feet and heals the cracks.
5. Add chopped parsley to your foot bath and soak feet. This kills bacteria, improves blood circulation and cures cracked feet.
6. Boil some water. Allow it to cool. Pour it in to a basin and put few drops of peppermint oil, tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil and lemon oil in to it. Soak your feet in the solution. It is highly relaxing, sufficiently moisturizes feet and combats fungal infection.
7. Boil 5 liters of water and let it cool down. Add 2-3 drops of lavender oil and a cup of Epsom salt to the water and soak feet in it. This softens feet and helps to get rid of the cracks.
8. Blend melted paraffin and mustard oil and apply on feet. This is an effective home remedy for cracked feet.
9. Soak your feet in the water in which rice has been cooked, add 1 teaspoon baking soda. This relieves cracked feet condition.
10. Scrape feet with pumice stone. This removes scales, exfoliates feet, making them soft and supple.