When you are able to practice this exercise for a long time, inhale with as much force as is possible for you, then exhale also forcefully. This practice of inhalation and exhalation alternatively through the right and left nostril, as indicated above with force, should be done for 3 minutes. If you feel tired, rest for sometimes and resume. Regular practice will enable you to do this Pranayama for 10 minutes. After some practice being established, this Pranayama should be done for 5 to 10 minutes daily, depending upon one’s capacity.
How to do: - Close your eyes and relax. Sit in this position for a couple of minutes till you settle down. Close your right nostril with your right thumb. Breath in from your left nostril. Hold the breath for a couple of seconds. Open right nostril and close left nostril with middle and ring finger. Breath out from right nostril. Breathe in from right nostril, close the right nostril. Open left nostril and breathe out. Repeat the process.
Most Impotent 6 Steps for Anulom Vilom Pranayam: -
1. Close your eyes and relax. Sit in this position for a couple of minutes till you settle down.
2. Close your right nostril with your right thumb and inhale slowly through the left nostril. Fill up your lungs to the maximum capacity.
3. Hold your breath. (Do not hold breath initially for 2- 3 months, practice only inhalation and exhalation). Do not hold breath at all if you are suffering from hypertension, asthma.
4. Now close left nostril with middle and ring finger and exhale through the right nostril very slowly and rhythmically. Here you will return to its original position and toxic air is released into the atmosphere.
5. Inhale again through the right nostril.
6. Exhale again through the left nostril.
Most Impotent Guidelines: -
* When there is moderately strong desire to release the breath, one opens At the slightest sign of discomfort, reduce the duration of inhalation.
* Breaths should not be forceful.
* While closing the nostril either during puraka or rechaka one should remember not to press the nostril so hard as to distort the rip of the nose, only soft part of nostril is to be pressed against the middle partition.
* Only thumb is used to close the right nostril and other (ring and little) finger to left nostril.
* Wait at least three-four after meal before starting pranayama, because food in stomach places pressure on diaphragm and lungs.
By doing this anulom vilom pranayam for about 15 minutes a day you can cure the following diseases: -
* Hypertension or high blood pressure
* It ensures extra supply of oxygen.
* Migraine Pain.
* Heart blockage
* Sexual fluid reduced
* It enhances mood, by lowering the stress level.
* It balances nadis, ida and pingala nadi.
* Do Pranayam preferably in the morning with an empty stomach.
* If you prefer to do Pranayam in the evening, do it on an empty stomach and keep a gap of at least 5 hours between your meal and Pranayam.
* Those who cannot sit in Asanas can sit on the chair and do Pranayam.